Toby Kebbell Images, Biography, HD Wallpapers - Ben-Hur Movie CastMGM and Paramount are putting the sandal to the metal for their remake of biblical epic, Ben-Hur. After news broke yesterday that Boardwalk Empire‘s Jack Huston had been tapped to play the title role of Judah Ben-Hur – it seems they’ve got interest in his opponent. Variety has announced that go-to villain Toby Kebbell is reportedly eyeing the role of Messala.
Toby Kebbell Biography
- Date of Birth: July 9, 1982
At 15, Toby dropped out of comprehensive and took his GCSEs at a sixth form college. He got into acting through taking workshops at Central Television Workshop in Nottingham,
while supporting himself by working as a waiter. At 20, he was called to audition for the role of an autistic man in the film Dead Man's Shoes. His powerful performance earned him a
nomination for Most Promising Newcomer at the British Independent Film Awards.
He then played Rob Gretton in the biopic Control, about Ian Curtis, the singer of Joy Division who at 23 committed suicide. Kebbell won Best Supporting Actor at the British
Independent Film Awards this time, beating competition such as Cate Blanchett and Colin Firth.
In 2009 he was nominated for the Best Rising Star at the BAFTA awards for his portrayal of the crack-addicted Johnny Quid in Guy Ritchie's RocknRolla. Other big screen credits
include Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time with Jake Gyllenhaal, The Sorcerer's Apprentice with Nicolas Cage, and Wrath of the Titans with Sam Worthington. More recently, he
starred in Fantastic Four alongside Miles Teller and Kate Mara. He can now be seen as orc chieftan Durotan in the 2016 fantasy epic Warcraft.
Kebbell's longtime girlfriend is Ruzwana Bashir, the first British-born Asian female to be president of the Oxford Union.
Ben-Hur Movie Cast
- Jack Huston (Boardwalk Empire) – Judah Ben-Hur, a Jewish nobleman who is sentenced to a life of slavery.
- Toby Kebbell (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) – Messala, Ben-Hur’s childhood friend and the film’s antagonist.
- Morgan Freeman (The Dark Knight) – Ilderim, a sheik who asks Ben-Hur to drive his chariot in a race against Messala.
- Nazanin Boniadi (Homeland) – Esther, a slave who is in love with Ben-Hur.
- Rodrigo Santoro (300: Rise of an Empire) – Jesus Christ, pretty self-explanatory.
- Sofia Black D’Elia (Project Almanac) – Tirzah, Ben-Hur’s sister.
- Ayelet Zurer (Man of Steel) – Naomi, Ben-Hur’s mother.
- Moises Arias (Ender’s Game) – Gestas, a “teenage Jewish zealot” and possibly one of the thieves who is crucified with Jesus.
- Pilou Asbæk (Lucy) – Pontius Pilate, the Judean governor who oversees the chariot race.